Full support for DOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Server 2008, 2003. Printing from DOS and parallel port (LPT) to any DOS supporting printer on any connection.
Tao ExDOS Standard is a comprehensive solution for DOS applications. The product allows flawless operation of DOS applications under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Servers.
The performance of DOS applications is greatly enhanced, allowing the user to work simultaneously with any number of DOS or Windows applications without delays or system lags. This greatly reduces system stress in multi-user environments such as Windows Terminal Servers.
The product allows use of external devices such as Parallel (LPT) and USB protection dongles and Serial (COM) port devices.
The display of DOS applications is greatly improved, allowing work in Full Screen, Window and proprietary Enhanced Full Screen or Window mode. The product also supports display of many non-English codepages (languages).
Tao ExDOS Standard includes the following features:
Hardware Access Features
- The proprietary Tao Port Bridge and Tao Direct I/O Hardware Access engines enable the DOS application to use external hardware devices such as Parallel (LPT) protection dongles and Serial (COM) port devices.
- Dongle support allows the use of parallel (LPT) and USB protection dongles with on-board LPT ports as well as external PCI / PCMCIA / Express adaptors.
Operation and Display Features
- Support for Windows 7 64-bit using the Microsoft Virtual PC Windows XP Mode! Read more.
- Provides a native runtime environment for the DOS applications.
- Enables the DOS application to be displayed in Full Screen and Window mode.
- Allows the DOS application to be displayed in our proprietary Enhanced Window and Full Screen modes, allowing selection of the font for the display from the Windows Fonts library. The Enhanced display modes also allow free resizing of the window for the comfort of the user.
- Enables the DOS application to display many different non-English codepages (languages) allowing use of applications from foreign markets.
- Allows display of the DOS application in ANSI codepages.
- Allows the keyboard cursor (caret) to be displayed in applications where it is not visible.
- Enhances performance for the DOS application, a critical issue in multiple-user environments such as Windows Terminal Server.
- Allows full control of memory and environment space provided for the DOS application.
- Fixes all crashes and hangs in DOS applications.
- Solves incompatibility issues with Windows applications.
- Allows securing the applications using an Administrator or User password, disabling non-authorized users from running the applications.
- Allows mapping of standard Shortcut Keys to the DOS application instead of the operating system.
- Allows mapping of all mouse buttons to specific keyboard actions in DOS applications.
- Allows mouse cursor movement acceleration in DOS applications.
- Allows printing from DOS applications to DOS supporting printers using any connection (USB, LPT, Network and TCP/IP) including Windows Terminal Server session printers.
- Fixes basic printing issues, such as empty pages, skipped pages and "Printer not ready" errors.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32-bit)
(1) 64-bit support is available on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 via any virtual machine solution running a 32-bit operating system (eg: Virtual XP Mode provided for free by Microsoft). Read more.
The Tao ExDOS line of products includes the following versions:
To compare the different products, please see this page.
Tao ExDOS products are always evolving with new features constantly added to the arsenal of solutions.
The Tao ExDOS products have been fully tested and are being used by thousands of customers in the private and commercial sectors, in organizations ranging from SMB to Enterprise, as well as in government and public service offices.
Copyright © 1995-2023 Tao Software Development Company. All Rights Reserved.